|Land Size||18600 m2|
Make an Enquiry
Sale by home owner
M: 1300 841 864
Country Acreage with Preston River Frontage
The phone enquiry code for this property is – 5009
$725,000 Firm (Property As-is)
This is what dreams are made of. Country living at its best, with house and land on 1.86 hectares (4.6 acres) backing on to the beautiful Preston River (running all year round), with magnificent Northern views of the surrounding hillsides. With many large windows and sliding doors, the house is bright and airy and set amongst an abundance of native plants and a feature water soak, the birdlife is prolific. This fantastic property is easy to maintain and you will be ready straight away to enjoy it, as it is so well set up.
The idyllic village of Yabberup has a wonderful community feeling with the heritage listed Yabberup Hall, situated within walking distance and the area is well known for its artists,
crafters, small hobby farms and larger orchards. Donnybrook is 15 minutes away and Collie 20 minutes, which have all the essential services and the city of Bunbury is 40 minutes away for access to beaches and speciality items. It is less than an hour’s drive to the new Busselton-Margaret River airport, allowing easy access for FIFO workers, and the Talisman mine is only a 40 minute drive away. The Wellington Dam area is located 20 minutes away and there is plenty to see and do in the local area, including the Ferguson Valley, with Gnomesville, the Wellington Dam Mural and bridge, newly designed cycling and adventure tracks, Lake Kepwari, Glen Mervyn Dam, (both offer camping, fishing, boating/water skiing), cafes, wineries and breweries all close by. The planned satellite city of Wanju in the greater Bunbury region will be less than 30 minutes away, creating many future employment prospects. Five acre lots are becoming rarer, and this is a fantastic opportunity to purchase acreage in this very sort after area.
The fully insulated house, which has been recently renovated features:
– A large spacious open plan Kitchen and Family Room, with plenty of workspace and benches, breakfast bar, double recess for fridge/freezer, phone and recharging nook, and a very large walk-in pantry/storeroom, with built in floor to ceiling shelves.
– Off the Family Room is a warm and cosy Lounge/Dining Room which can be fully enclosed with the sliding door and features reverse cycle air conditioner and a large glass sliding door to access the outside verandah.
– The main bedroom has gorgeous views over the paddocks to the soak, river and Yabberup Hill in the distance and features an open plan bathroom with toilet, a walk-in robe, and includes a reverse cycle air conditioner.
– The second bedroom is massive, with a three-door built in mirrored wardrobe, allowing room for another sitting/TV area or hobby space. The second bedroom also features views to the native garden at thefront of the property.
– Study room, with lovely view to the garden.
– A tiled laundry with a large trough and plenty of bench space, built in overhead cupboards, a large utility cupboard and separate toilet. The laundry also has convenient access outside to the washing line (paved) and further outside storage cupboards under the main roof.
– Completing the house is a fully paved verandah on all four sides, offering shade and protection for all seasons, with bonus large bricked in wood fired pizza oven complemented by seating and wood storage
Extra features of this amazing property include:
– Large powered vehicle shed, with built in mezzanine floor to store extra-long pipes, wood, metal and materials. Vehicle shed measures 9 x 6 metres with a height of 3 metres at the front.
-Large powered workshop, double full height sliding doors, with work bench, built in mesh for hanging tools and plenty of storage above. Also measuring 9 x 6 metres the workshop has a sink connected to a 4,500L rainwater tank.
-Through the workshop is access to a large multi-purpose studio room that could be used as an artist’s workspace, gym, sleepout, Teenagers Retreat or the like. The studio room measures
2.8 x 5.9 metres and has been completed with gyprock plasterboard wall linings, ceiling, and lino flooring to fully enclose this space.
-A third medium sized shed for garden tools and implements provides ample storage and is located adjacent to a further covered lean-to for outside storage of equipment and materials.
– Wide gravel driveway and hardstand area providing easy access to the sheds and workshop. Ample vehicle parking and room for your trailer, tractor, boat, or caravan.
-A large soak fed from ground water is a real focal point of the property. With an island at the centre, the soak is an attractive feature all year round, and especially during the winter season when the water table rises towards the surface. The odd marron are quite tasty too!
-The home paddock is fully fenced and gated to protect the family dog, with a cat enclosure (could be easily converted to an aviary) and race that connect to the house via a pet door, through the study, allowing the animals access to the outdoors. The house itself is in an elevated position on a sand pad and is fully surrounded by lawns and a beautiful variety of native trees and shrubs.
-A fully netted orchard, including apple, nectarine, apricot, fig and almond trees. Pear, lemon, grapefruit, orange, mandarin, avocado, macadamia, and mulberry trees are also located in other areas of the property.
– A fully fenced large chicken pen is located next to the orchard where the chooks can also roam free via a small gate into the orchard or larger gate to the adjacent paddock. Three separate fenced vegetable pens are also enclosed in this area to allow crop rotation during the seasons.
Additional notes about the outside of the property include: -All paddocks are fully fenced with all areas containing plants and trees separated by fencing.
– Plenty of gates to access in and out, located at strategic points with easy to maintain paddocks including well positioned water troughs.
-Stock pen and race at the front of the property to allow for the care and shearing of animals, also a great place to hand feed the animals.
– Small glass house for winter seedlings.
– 40-metre-deep water bore with submersible pump feeding a large water tank (approximately 14,000L).
-Variable drive house pump for constant water pressure to the house and outside taps, all plumbed to a UV light and calcite filter system (providing safe and clean all year-round drinking water), contained out of the elements in a fully enclosed pump house shed.
– Large family sized solar hot water system with electric booster.
– A number of additional water taps are located around the property for watering the garden and filling troughs etc, along with two 36-metre-long fire hoses, all connected
to the main water tank and bore with one inch piping.
-Additional gravity fed water taps from the small rainwater tank are available for watering a corridor of further trees and shrubs towards the river and filling water troughs.
-Electricity connection to the mains power grid with full strength wireless internet signal from the NBN tower only a couple of kilometres away.
– 4G Telstra mobile reception is available at the property (with the tower located at the Lowden Store 4 mins away). Satellite dish for free to air television.
– The house includes numerous TV points and home network (ethernet) cabling.
-The full fenced river paddock has been rehabilitated where we have planted approximately 200 trees and shrubs, including blackbutt, red gum, jarrah, marri, peppermints, and flooded gums, plus many others. This is a great area for quiet reflection to take in the tranquil nature of this beautiful property and to observe the abundant bird life, which is encouraged to the top paddocks by way of a corridor of
bottle brush and other shrubs.
– We have an active licensed bee hive producing about 30 kilograms of honey per year, that can easily be removed if bee keeping is not your thing.
– One alpaca and three sheep plus chooks round out the whole country experience